Thursday, April 11, 2013

UPS Trucks



On my drive home after the class where Dr. Sexson told us about UPS trucks, I made a conscious effort to look for one.  I didn’t know if I wanted to see one or not…after all, I keep hearing there is no such thing as coincidence.  What would it mean if I saw a UPS truck on my way home after talking about it in class?  Well, nothing exciting happened.  Despite looking down just about every street and scanning the whole ride home, there were no UPS sightings.  I had turned onto my street and was seconds away from home when I decided to check my rearview mirror, just in case. 
Sure enough, a UPS truck was driving by the street. 
I told my roommates about it, but they were less than impressed.  The response I got from one was a quite sarcastic, “Cool story, dude.” 
But I do think it’s a cool story and at the same time a bit unnerving.  A UPS truck just happens to drive by the second I happen to look in my rearview mirror for the last time.  No such thing as coincidence…When we start looking for something, or keep our eyes open for it, we see it everywhere.  I’m starting to believe that.

No comments:

Post a Comment